Here are just a few compelling statistics regarding the revitalization of podcasting as an effective marketing platform:
- 44% of Americans have listened to a podcast (124 million people)
- 26% of Americans listen to podcasts monthly (up 24 percent from 2017)
- 32% of Americans ages 25-54 listen to podcasts monthly
- 48 million Americans listen to podcasts weekly (up 6 million from 2017)
- Podcast listeners consume an average of 7 different podcasts weekly
- 80% of podcast listeners consume “all” or “most” of each episode
- There are currently 550,000 podcasts available today
While mobile devices constitute a large percent of regular consumption, smart speaker sales are also a major contributor to the tremendous growth of podcast consumption the last year or so. There are four primary reasons why people listen to podcasts, all of which brands can leverage: authenticity, convenience, simplicity and nostalgia. Even if you’re a startup with limited marketing budget and time, podcasting can provide a foundational element to your go-to-market strategy.
Your contact information will be held in strict confidence and will not be released to third parties. We do reserve the right to update you on new White Papers and other useful SEM information, seeing as how we gave you an extremely valuable White Paper for free and all. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or if you’d like our help building out your online marketing programs.